The deadline for the submission of your business’ Workplace Skills Plan as well as the Annual Training Report to your respective SETA’s is on the 30th of April 2017. That translates to only 12 DAYS left for you to make the submission.
Skills Development is a PRIORITY ELEMENT under the amended B-BBEE Codes of Good Practice. Points under the Skills Development element will not be achieved should an organisation fail to submit their WSP and ATR. Not complying with the 40% minimum target for Skills Development, will result in the organisation being discounted a level for their overall scorecard. i.e if you achieve an overall level 3 scorecard, a penalty discount will drop your rating to a level 4 B-BBEE rating.
The benefits of a Successful Submission
- The organisation will qualify to recover 20% of their skills spend as a Mandatory Grant allocated from Skills Development Levies paid to SARS
- The organisation that meets the required criteria can apply for Discretionary Grants from their affiliate SETA(s)
Skills Development grants can assist the organisation to successfully execute skills plans eg. Learnerships, Internships or SkillsTraining Programs as indicated when submitting the WSP and ATR. Saving for growth in this tight economy is always a win.
The following documents need to be submitted by all Levy Paying Members (companies)
- A Workplace Skills Plan (WSP) – An organisation’s articulated training plan
- An Annual Training Report (ATR) – a report actuating previously implemented training initiatives. In this case, your submission will be a 2016 ATR for the 2017 submission.
- A Pivotal Training Plan – Strategic plan aligned to scarce skills that may be required within the business and/or industry. The initiatives are a snapshot of foreseeable training that will take place in the financial year after submission.
- A Pivotal Training Report – A Scarce Skills report articulating the outcomes of the preceding year’s Pivotal Training Plan outcomes
NPI Governance Consulting would like to assist you in achieving your Training Plans, the implementation thereof and all skills development project management activities that ensure that best practice is achieved, guarantee that you maximise on your B-BBEE scorecard, specifically pertaining to the Skills Development element and most importantly YOUR PEACE OF MIND!
Start your planning process with us NOW to avoid penalties and ensure that your business benefits going forward.
For further information, contact:
Thato Malebane, Marketing & Communications Manager
Tel: (+27) 011 259 4018