Zandile Mokwena is a Legal Advisor at NPI. She graduated from the University of the Witwatersrand with a Bachelor of Laws degree and went on to study for a postgraduate diploma in business and commercial law at the University of the Witwatersrand. She is passionate about the development of people and in using BEE as a driver of social change and economic reform. As such, she has a keen interest in the BEE legislative framework, and in its implementation.
Zandile forms part of the CEO office, working closely with Israel Noko in formulating business equivalency strategies. Zandile assists in negotiating and drafting various commercial agreements and corporate documents as well as legal documents, including opinions and memoranda. Zandile advises on commercial transactions and performs due diligence investigations, having the ability to work towards deadlines in a pressurised environment.
Zandile has experience in criminal law and property law, as well as a background in client services from various work opportunities during her studies. Her experience in numerous fields has allowed her to be highly adaptive, innovative and equipped to excel in any challenge she faces. She has a great love for the legal profession,in particular, Contact and Intellectual Property law.
- LLB, University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa
- Editorial Board Member of the Inkundla Student Law Journal, University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa
- Emerging Young Leaders Award, University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa
- Postgraduate Diploma in Business and Commercial Law, University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa.
- Legal Advisory and Strategy Support
- Compliance and Risk Management Support
- Litigation Management Support
- Contract Drafting and Review
- Document Management System