Israel L. Noko
Israel is the Founder & CEO of NPI Governance Consulting (a leading BEE Advisory & ISO9001 accredited company). He is passionate about the intentions behind Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment (“BEE”), including the economic transformation of South Africa. Israel’s experience has focussed on developing and executing strategies which would enable companies to better position themselves in the market and develop partnerships with companies and organizations that want to implement “business-sense” transformational strategies. With a proven track record of transformation in a variety of industries, in April 2018, NPI Governance Consulting was nominated at the Top Empowerment Awards as the “Fastest Growth SME of the Year”.
Israel has been involved in various mergers and acquisitions other general corporate / commercial transactions. He has also advised on BEE joint-venture structure, company formations and re-organisations. Israel has extensive experience in business entity formation and governance matters, M&A, and BEE financing transactions in a wide variety of sectors.
Furthermore, Israel also served on the Boards of a variety of different organisations/ companies and provides management with strategic input on compliance, risk management and corporate governance. In March 2018, national Minister of Higher Education & Training, Naledi Pandor appointed Israel to the Board of the BankSETA, the national training authority for the Banking and micro-lending industry and and supports people development through partnerships, skills development, alleviating unemployment, creating a brighter future and enabling change.
With over 10 years of relationship management experience within the Public sector in South Africa and aboard, Israel has worked at the United Nations Environmental Program, the Canadian High Commission Trade Office (as Trade Commissioner) in South Africa, the Industrial Development Corporation of South Africa (as B-BBEE Advisor) bring a wealth of knowledge around government operations and programmes.
Israel studied Law and Social Sciences Diploma at the University of Warwick and a LL. B in Business Law at Coventry University, UK, and subsequently completed three Post-Graduate certificates with the Mandela School of Law (University of the Witwatersrand). Israel is a commentator in the press and business sector regarding transformation and sustainable development-related topics and has been invited to speak at several conferences on topics relating to transformation and sustainable development.
Current Directorships & Committee Members
- BankSETA: Non-Executive Director
- Hydro Power Equipment (Pty) Ltd: Non-Executive Director
- Micro Finance South Africa (MFSA): Non-Executive Director
- Inyathelo: The South African Institute for Advancement Trustee
- WorleyParsons: Employee Share Trust Independent Chairman
- Khethimpilo Aids for life: Deputy Chairperson
- Atlas Finance (Pty) Ltd: Social & Ethics Committee Chairman
Academic & Professional Qualifications
- Postgraduate Certificate in Risk, Compliance & Governance Law, University of the Witwatersrand
- Postgraduate Certificate in Court Annexed Mediation, University of the Witwatersrand
- Bachelor of Laws (LL. B) in Business Law, Coventry University, UK
- Management Development Programme in B-BBEE (NQF 7), University of the Witwatersrand
- Certificate in Strategic Mergers & Acquisitions, Gordon Institute for Business Science
- Certificate in Law & Social Sciences, University of Warwick, UK
- Associate Certified Sustainable Assurance Practitioner (AS1000AA), UK
- Certificate in Financial Valuations, BETA Finance
- Merger and acquisition advisory as pertaining the BEE ownership
- Tender BEE Bid submission advisory
- Strategic Planning on BEE
- Management consulting
- Corporate Governance
- Trust administration
- Risk analysis
- Business Development, Modeling & strategy
- Enterprise Development modeling
- SMME Fundraising