As Transformation Manager at NPI Governance Consulting Nathi Khumalo brings a wealth of knowledge and aptitude into our team.
Nathi Khumalo was one of the first black BEE practitioners practicing under the 2007 B-BBEE Codes of Good Practice. His background stems from both BEE verification as well as the consulting space.
A firm believer in the sustainable growth of black businesses and communities, in order to empower people from all backgrounds. Nathi’s expertise within NPI Governance Consulting are exactly the fit and match of our ethos.
With exposure to over 400 companies in both consulting and implementation of BEE sustainable programmes. He has extensive knowledge and understanding of the Black Economic Empowerment legislation and the General Codes of Good Practice including all sector charter codes with key specialisation in the Mining Charter.
Nathi possesses project management skills in facilitation and incubation of high impact small to medium size businesses.
Having worked with multinationals in the Banking, Manufacturing, Engineering, Pharmaceutical and Construction space, his actuality in the Transformation business boasts a combined turnover in excess of R9billion.
Key Responsibilities and Skills
- Managing BEE assessments and verification processes
- Manage the supplier development programmes
- Advise on partnerships and joint ventures between non-BEE suppliers and BEE enterprises
- Sourcing/selection of strategic BEE suppliers for acquisition projects
- Provide input into the formulation of polices, practices and processes that affect BEE within organisations
- Conduct BEE audits
- Stakeholder engagement
- Strategic planning
- Review and update the BEE monitoring and reporting system
- Accurately monitor and report BEE spending against targets
- Interpretation and application of B-BBEE codes including related legislature
- Conducting needs analysis, providing recommendations on solutions and strategies
- Formulation and implementation of key transformation strategies
- Operational support of the transformation department
- Support of training, workshop interventions and seminars for key clients
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- National Diploma in Legal Assistance from the Tshwane University of Technology
- Advanced B-BBEE Course from the BEE Institute