Damjan Ristovic graduated from the University of the Witwatersrand with a Bachelor of Arts degree majoring in Industrial Psychology in 2015 and receiving a certificate of first class. He continued to study and graduated with a Bachelor of Laws degree at the University of Witwatersrand in 2017. He excelled in the study of law and received acknowledgment by way of registration on the Dean’s list and a Hogan Lovells sponsored award.
Damjan is passionate about law and has a keen interest in legal writing and research. He has a written article on the field of competition law regarding how to compensate victims of collusion published in 2016 in the Werksmans legal brief.
Damjan’s interest in the commercial field is not limited to law as his research extends the spectrum to include finance and strategy to better utilize his analytical capabilities and interests.
Damjan has experience within the competition tribunal, labour court as well as a sales management background for large international corporations through various work opportunities during his studies. Damjan’s experience across industries has equipped him to be nimble and adaptive to any challenge which arises.
Damjan forms part of the CEO office, working closely with Israel Noko in formulating business equivalency strategies. In addition, Damjan will hold the role of Company Secretary. Damjan assists in negotiating and drafting of various commercial agreements and corporate documents as well as legal documents, including opinions and memoranda. Damjan advises on commercial transactions, performs due diligence investigations and has the ability to work towards deadlines in a pressurized environment.
- Legal Advisor at NPI Governance Consulting
- BA in Industrial Psychology, University of Witwatersrand, South Africa
- LLB, University of Witwatersrand, South Africa
- Legal research
- Computer skills
- Time management
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Ability to handle stress
- Results and output oriented
- Achieve results through teamwork
- Adapting & Responding to Change
- Deciding and Initiating Action
- Working with People in an amicable way is essential
- Impeccable drafting skills including legal letter writing
- Legal Advisory and Strategy Support
- Compliance and Risk Management
- Litigation Management
- Contract Drafting and Review
- Document Management System
- How to compensate the victims of collusion